Monday, May 14, 2012

Chocolate Drizzled Potato Chips


When I first saw Chocolate Drizzled Potato chips mentioned I thought 'ewww that sounds gross'. But then I kept thinking about it, and about 2 hours later I had convinced myself that I needed to try them. I love the salty/sweet combo you get from eating McDonald's fries whilst drinking a chocolate shake, or dipping the chips into an ice cream cone (don't judge, its awesome. I swear.) so for that reason I gave the chocolate drizzled chips a chance. And they were delicious.

Ingredients:

1 large packet of thick cut plain potato chips (salted)
30g Dark chocolate (I used Lindt)
20g Milk Chocolate (I used Cadbury)

Method:

1. Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper. Lay your chips on the paper, making sure they are evenly dispersed so that every chip gets some chocolaty goodness.

2. Place the milk & dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl (I just use a small ramekin) and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir until all lumps have disappeared.

3. Dip the ends of a fork into the chocolate, then drizzle over potato chips. Remember, start with a little & build up. Leave chips to set (mine took about 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden). Serve!

I found that a little went a long way with the chocolate, but taste as you go & adjust to your preference. These look gorgeous plated up in little bowls for each person or in paper ice cream cups.

Sunny xx

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com