Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scones


Nearly everyone loves scones. Personally I think there is nothing better on a Sunday afternoon than sitting down to scones with cream and jam, a great tea (see my tea post for inspiration) and good friends! And they are so yummy that one is never enough... just ask my workmates who beg me to make them every Melbourne cup day! So for those who agree with me, here is my favourite recipe!

Ingredients:

4 cups Self Raising flour
300 ml Thickened Cream
350ml Lemonade

Method:

1. Sift flour into bowl and make a well in the middle.

2. Pour cream and lemonade into the well of flour.

3. Mix until it makes a firm dough

4. Roll out and cut into rounds with a scone or cookie cutter.

5. Bake at 180C in a fan forced oven (200C if not fan forced) for about 10 - 20 minutes depending on the size of the scones. When they are golden on the top and fully puffed up take them out of the oven and cool on a wire rack. TIP: Scones rise higher if you keep them close to each other when they cook!

6. Serve with your preferred condiments whilst scones are still warm.

7. Stuff face
Enjoy my darlings!
xSunnyx

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com